Note To My Critics:

The links to the many sites that I've included contain information that I believe to be relevant, be it the graphics, the videos, the undercover investigations, etc. . Exposing & and ending the brutality and savagery inflicted on the non-human animals is what I am focused on. I strongly believe that every voice against animal abuse/exploitation is of value and -and- collectively we have the power to end it. I am here for the animals, not for anyone's approval and for that I make no apologies. ** I do not promote violence towards humans. ___________________________________________________ Bookmark and Share

Friday, January 14, 2011

Southern Fried Suffering

I wasn't able to watch this video to the end because I would never be able to banish the visions. I've already seen similar and remain haunted by them. Those precious animals. Where is compassion? empathy? reverence for life? Where is God?

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know where God is.
At a meeting a few years ago on the intensive confinement of sows, one of my colleagues asked the same question. Where is God?

We live in a desacralized world. Or perhaps we're just terribly violent primates. It's just I used to believe in God or in something sacred, too, and the nastiness all around me is stripping me--has stripped me --of that belief.

Does God withdraw and watch all of this?

THe worst part for me is the twisting of this evil into good (i.e. "we feed the world"). Bah.

I

Denbeath said...

I'm experiencing a crises of faith and total disgust with the human-animal.

Day after day I read about and see pictures of horrific acts of animal abuse and the wanton destruction of our beautiful planet ...all for what? Money, the Almighty Dollar. But my brain can not process and make sense of how any person can torture an animal. It's just incomprehensible.

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I know it's not an easy blog to read. I'm sure it gives those of us who were born with a conscience and the ability to empathize nightmares.

It's all about the animals and I can't stop fighting in my own small way.

You're a good person. Thank you again.

Patty

Anonymous said...

The human animal has an enormous capacity for repression. It must be some evolutionary adaptation for processing massive amounts of information and emotional experiences.

It's at this repression that we have to get somehow.

And it's by talking and working together that we can do it.

Your loss of faith is a symptom of post-traumatic stress, in my humble opinion. Please try to take care of yourself. Try to focus on some of the victories too.

I keep thinking that no non-human animal is so selfish that he or she would want me to suffer so badly; that a caged sow would think, "please enjoy your legs" and "just do what you can do to get me the hell out of here."
;)

veganelder said...

Ah Patty, it is so enticing to sink completely into despair, I struggle with this often. One thing that is a touchstone for me is the acknowledgment that I am unable to see the future (no matter how often I think I can). I do know however that volunteering at a sanctuary helps tremendously because I get a chance to see my efforts make a refugee from human depravity feel better. And, when those refugees allow me to stroke, touch or caress them....it helps.

Your efforts are appreciated, you aren't alone. The animals need you and appreciate you (me too).






Free Veg Starter Kit TeachKind.org Chained Dogs

blogger templates | Make Money Online