Note To My Critics:

The links to the many sites that I've included contain information that I believe to be relevant, be it the graphics, the videos, the undercover investigations, etc. . Exposing & and ending the brutality and savagery inflicted on the non-human animals is what I am focused on. I strongly believe that every voice against animal abuse/exploitation is of value and -and- collectively we have the power to end it. I am here for the animals, not for anyone's approval and for that I make no apologies. ** I do not promote violence towards humans. ___________________________________________________ Bookmark and Share

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Recipes: Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumpkin Muffin, Vegan Icing, whipped Cream

Everyone who knows me knows that I'm a Vegetarian.  Essentially I am the the family 'Eccentric', yeah, every family has one of their very own.....but I digress...

Anyway, here's a Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe that I tweaked to make it Vegan friendly: Now I realize that Organic Canned Coconut Milk is a bit pricey (or as my Scottish Husband would  have said:  'Aye, that's dear') but since I don't buy meat I'm still ahead of the game as far as 'cost' is concerned.  Also I sometimes find Roland Coconut Milk cheaper on amazon.com and usually shipping is free after you've hit the $25.00 mark.


Pumpkin Spice Latte
makes 1-2 servings
Ingredients:
2 cups Soy -or-  Coconut -or-  Almond milk
2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute ( I like Agave Syrup) - you can halve this amount
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee (I've used Instant Coffee)

Directions:
In a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin and sugar and cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice, transfer to a blender and process for 15 seconds until foamy.  If you don't have a blender, don't worry about it - just whisk the mixture really well with a wire whisk.
Pour into a large mug or two mugs. Add the coffee on top.

***If you like whipped cream on your Latte:


 Vegan Whipped Cream Recipe

1 Pack Silken Tofu
2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/4 Can Organic Coconut Milk (I like the Roland Brand, Organic full fat)

When you open a can of coconut milk ( best if you chill the can in the fridge for an hour or so before opening) you will find thick creamed milk at the top of the can,  scoop off the 1/4 of thick milk cream that you need for this recipe.


In a blender mix the sugar and silken tofu together.

Add the coconut cream and vanilla and blend into a smooth thick cream.

Ohhh....what to do with the leftover canned pumpkin?  Why...Make Muffins of course!

Vegan Pumpkin Muffins 

Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 cup pureed pumpkin (Fresh or from a can; do not use pumpkin pie mix)
  • 1/2 cup Coconut milk  <-- another way to use up extra 'canned' coconut milk but I prefere reserving it for more Latte
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons molasses

Directions

Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a twelve-muffin tin.
Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices.
In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, soy milk, oil,
and molasses. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix.
Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes,
until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.


What's a muffin without a decadent icing ?


Tofu Cream Frosting

Makes 1 1/3 cups (enough to frost one 9"x9" cake)
1 cup firm silken tofu (1/2 pound)
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 - 4 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until very smooth. Scrape the sides of blender often with a rubber spatula to get the frosting completely smooth.
Per 2 1/2-tablespoon serving Calories: 65


ENJOY!!

3 Comments:

veganelder said...

Thanks for the excellent directions and recipes.

Denbeath said...

My Pleasure. I hope it helps make people aware that migrating to a vegetarian/vegan diet isn't equal to deprivation.

Thank You so much for taking time out of your day to read my blog & to comment.

Patty

Traveller said...

indeed it is sad. You recipes sound yum!






Free Veg Starter Kit TeachKind.org Chained Dogs

blogger templates | Make Money Online